[Jandek] Jandek Irvine show on DIME torrent tracker??

Paul Condon paulgcondon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 20:08:11 PST 2011

As Alistair already pointed out, the May '06 Glasgow show was lost to
posterity when the recording device failed. The same thing happened at one
of the Northern Ireland shows, but this time an audience recording was made
(along with at least a few minutes of video). I can't recall if the the
rep's permission was sought beforehand, but he was aware of it and pleased
that it was documented, and this and other recordings from the tour were
sent to him. They would not have been of the best quality, and it's unlikely
that all of the NI shows will be released intact anyway (lengthy and similar
as they were), but at least one would remain undocumented but for a fan.

The rep was also approached about having his albums put on iTunes but wasn't
interested.

When I got into Jandek, only part of the catalogue was in print, and then
gaps in my collection were filled by generous fans who burned CDs and dubbed
tapes of what I was missing, all of which I subsequently purchased when they
were reissued. Someone also put up a site with mp3s of the albums that were
then out of print, taking them down as they were reissued. Putting up live
recordings is no different than that and the effect on sales will be
minimal.