[Jandek] Buy 'em all

ANDRU REEVE andru62 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 18:51:58 PST 2011

I personally think that any fan of Jandek (aka, The Rep) should own every CD and every DVD extant.  However, if you are just going to dip your toe in the water, I've already given you a representative list of 20 CDs to start with, so I won't be redundant.  However, I have to agree with Danen that CHAIR BESIDE A WINDOW and TELEGRAPH MELTS are stronger CDs to start with than ROCK CRUMBLES.  Also worth putting at the top of your list is ON THE WAY and THE BEGINNING, which are among the more "conventional" releases, and may help the uninitiated listener ease their way into The Rep's world.

GLASGOW SUNDAY is a great release, both on CD and DVD, so you might want to add that to your first 20 picks (and, please don't pass up the incredible deal from Corwood for 20 or more items at once.  Corwood even picks up the tab for shipping!)   Truth be told, if you're really a fan, everything is worth hearing eventually.  So, again, welcome Ed.