[Jandek] New and quite refreshing.

Ed Saunders esaundersfx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:23:29 PST 2011

I have been thinking for weeks about making this first post.  I have only
recently been shown the music
of Jandek.  You would normally find me rocking out to Metallica or Disturbed
(Understandably terrible in comparison to Jandek, Please don't hold that
against me. hahaha)  I heard "White Box Requiem" and have been changed.  But
there are so many things I have read about.  The whole thing seems hard to
believe.  I am waiting to get my copy of Jandek on Corwood in the mail.  I
have read many good mentions of it here on the list.  Which albums should I
get next?  I have heard a couple of live clips, and those really interest
me.  Best live shows ???? What should I buy.  I keep trying to show my
friends but they are NOT INTERESTED at all.  They're still stuck in the land
of Metallica and Ozzy.  Was this guy born on another planet? Where WAS he
born!? Does anyone know.  I have never been this weirded out by music.
But I am willing to venture forward, with you guys' help.

Thank you, hope I am not a bother.