[Jandek] Another Year Passes and No Grammy

Nate Wilson visioninapark at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 21:11:04 PST 2011

I just got done watching The Grammys. I just witnessed Esperanza Spalding take Best New Artistfrom Justin Bieber and Drake (BIGGEST UPSET IN GRAMMY HISTORY, I love the underdog.  I also sawArcade Fire get ALBUM OF THE YEAR!  They stole it from Eminem, Jay-Z, Lady Gaga etc... that was greatIt is good to finally hear some bands/good musicians take awards home instead of hip hop artists, rap groups or teen singers.
Now to my point.I say this with tongue-in-cheek slightly.I WOULD LOVE TO SEE STERLING GET A GRAMMY.  I know that the Grammys obviously aren't the be all end allof defining a great band or musician, but I would love to see him get the recognition he deserves for havingsuch a beautifully moving and psychotic catalog.  I would love to see that acceptance speech as well.
"I'd like to thank Mr. Genry, Jenny, Max, John, Jessica, Jackson, Nancy, Gretchen, Mrs. Potter, Alexandria, Michael,Napolean, Faye, Pretty Patty, Uncle Steve, Jim Daley, Robert, Governor Rhodes, Paul, Janet, Uncle Randy, Randolph, Harry Idle,Tom, Jerry, Lucas, Eddie, Jezebel, Arny, Dusty, Sadie, Jesus Christ, Randolph Scott, Bob Dylan, Dusty Springfield, Moses, Liberty,Shirley, Phillip, Bernie, Ezekiel... oh gosh... I can't forget to thank Randy the Punk, Barry Esson for getting me out on stage, Tim Strange, Brad Swafford, Michael Goldman, Jason Henn,  and all the other curators for putting together the shows. I would also like to thank Phil Milsteinfor helping me get it out there, John Trubee and Katy Vine.... and lastly Danen Jobe, Thank You all, GOD BLESS!"

hahahhahah that was a crazy day dream, sorry for all the detail.