[Jandek] Jandek bootlegger

Chris Robinson hardeveningsuburb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 07:40:43 PDT 2010

I've also been contacted, also with the promises of unreleased Zappa and
Partch audio.  The name on the e-mail was "Harris1."  He contacted me via
the site discogs.com.  He's contacted me three times now and I haven't
replied to any of his queries.  I don't plan on doing so.  Bootlegging
Jandek's music just seems wrong, mostly due to the fact that whatever money
you spend on Corwood releases goes directly to the man himself.  He's one of
the few 100% independent artists out there, and certainly one of the longest
running.  Plus, the releases being so reasonably priced makes bootlegging
them particularly offensive.

Anyway, that guy's a tool.  I won't be doing business of any sort with him.

-Chris