[Jandek] Blue Icicles = First of a series of Dream albums?

Greg asleepandfalling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:57:56 PST 2010

Sorry that I have not gotten around to replying to this sooner. I have meant
to for some time, but have been very busy. When listening to the Myth of
Blue Icicles for the first time, I was very much struck by the Glade. It
seems to have all of the qualities of a dream, but it's also something that
seems almost menacing, or, at the very least, despairing. It instantly
reminded me of I Knew You Would Leave on Six and Six, Interlude on Worthless
Recluse (?), and even the Cell, simply because we have a character lost in
himself. Though other people, presumably love interests, appear they don't
seem nearly as real as the man himself. But it's late, and this may be the
coffee talking.