[Jandek] a question about a previous email

Tony Lackey the_abbott88 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 19:15:36 PDT 2010

Agree.
Also, to separate the art from the artist is what academics do, i.e. academic "artists" operate outside of there own lives, hence the lack of emotion and feeling in their art.  I feel that that line from manhattan tuesday would nearly acurately describe my feeling at times, yet, i don't think it's dark or depressing at all... it's real and it's architypal.  There's too much exageration of the supposed "darkness" in Jandek's lyrics.  Yes, it's dark, but it's nearly universal, whether you are willing to acknowledge it as such or not.  Not saying it's literal nor literary.  Do you know what i'm saying?