[Jandek] Jandek in A.V. Club Inventory book

Devin DiMattia devindimattia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 18:35:02 PDT 2009

Jandek recently got a mention in the new A.V. Club book "Inventory,"
as part of the list "The Party's Over, Go Home: 15 Pieces of Music
Sure to Clear a Room". Here's the write-up:

#6. Jandek, "Put My Dream on This Planet"
It's easy to argue that any release by the cryptic, seldom-seen
singer-songwriter from Corwood is a party-ender. But for some reason,
starting in 2000, Jandek decided to dispense with music entirely, and
put out a handful of albums featuring nothing but him muttering his
creepy, incomprehensible lyrics to anyone who will listen. (As with
most other Jandek releases, the microphone is either 10 feet away or
right next to his face.) "Put My Dream on This Planet" is the next-
best thing to a live appearance by a raving, homeless derelict.

Before anyone comments, just a reminder that this book is for
humorous purposes, and shouldn't be taken seriously. :-)