[Jandek] Amazing article.

Jonathan Brodsky brodskyjonathan at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 13 18:02:34 PST 2009

Found this while web surfing.
http://andrewkarnavas.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/a-conversation-with-jandek-sterling-smith/#comments
The idea of our (presumably) deeply religious and mostly reserved hero saying 'fuck the world' is more than enough to fill me with glee. I feel like this is one of the bigger glimpses (everyone's individual personal correspondence aside) that we get into the mindset of what Sterling does... it's interesting to apply a philosophical bent to the relative ineptitude of the musicial proceedings. Plus, now we know that at least some some of these albums were/are mixed and mastered at a proper facility... i.e., someone had to make these things sound 'good'. Oh, boy. I love this stuff, but can you imagine being that engineer back in 1978? 'Hey, my name's Sterling. Here's my record for mastering, I think I have a good thing going with it... do you think pressing 1,000 copies will be enough?'
Food for thought.