[Jandek] Article bagging Jandek

D. Craig Wasson deeeecraig at hotmail.com
Wed May 6 09:34:55 PDT 2009

 One thing that reading this article did for me was make me appreciate the depth and breadth of musical and emotional variation in Jandek's work.  "The Cell" evokes real sadness; "White Box Requiem" makes you feel real nausea with the fear of mortality, and "Real Wild" and that Houston funk stuff really make you smile and jump around like an idiot.  There's no need to respond to this writer, though his "opposite view" is strongly written and well-considered.  No matter his words-Jandek's music stands on its own as so-called "real" or "good music."