[Jandek] Jandek in NOLA

Michael.Goldman at CH2M.com Michael.Goldman at CH2M.com
Wed Mar 18 07:11:01 PDT 2009

Yeah I noticed the late arrivals too and I was in the front row - opposite end of the room.

________________________________
From: Jeremy Parks [mailto:jeremyjparks at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:09 AM
To: Goldman, Michael/ATL
Cc: greg at ampthill.us; jandek at mylist.net
Subject: Re: [Jandek] Jandek in NOLA

I really fell in love with the Hurray for The Riff Raff.  They played a fantastic set.  I was most impressed with the singers powerful voice and the backing of the accordion/bass drum, tambourine, trumpet player.  Their best moments reminded me of Neutral Milk Hotel's most powerful music.

As for the Rep's show, It was interesting, if not incredible.  Shrouded in shadows, he played a moving set of improvised piano that reminded me of Music for Airports type Eno.  This was perfect music for studying or just a dark room.  As much as I liked what I heard, and I was pleased as punch to get to see the Rep in person, I would have traded it in a minute for a guitar/vocals set.

That being said I will be purchasing a copy of the New Orleans Monday as soon as its available.  I just hope all the people who showed up late and made an awful racket don't show up on the audio.