[Jandek] New Orleans show 3.16.09

Brad Theard btheard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:52:39 PDT 2009

Just saw the New Orleans show last night.  I thought it was great! The Rep.
on piano and a Theremin player.  no vocals, no breaks. 1 full hour that
moved from soft and beautiful, to anxious and scared, to thunderous and
unforgiving.  I was very excited to see this instrumentation because i
personally do not have any of his records that include piano and it was nice
that my first time seeing him play was unlike anything i had heard from him
before.  Local band "Hurray For The Riff Raff" was the opening act and they
played great with a set up that included banjo, auto harp, upright bass,
accordion, and trumpet.

The only thing negative i will say is that i wish there had been a larger
turnout for the performance.  Other than that it was great!  Thanks for
coming down!

--Brad Theard**