[Jandek] Jandek house and Telegraph Melts

Feigin Boris railfan93111 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 21:49:24 PST 2009

Hi everyone:)

Just a couple of things:

1. Many, many thanks to Jason Henn for the informative Chapel Hill show notes...much appreciated, especially by those of us who are in Australia and have no chances whatsoever of getting to a Jandek show. Thank you very much for taking the time:)

2. http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A287740

An article about Jandek and interview with John Darnielle...well worth reading. In particular, Darnielle at one point says:

Oh, there it is, the cover of Ready for the House. I walked past the Jandek house when I went to Houston. They told me, "You know, that house is right around the corner." I had to. I felt kind of guilty because it was before he played live, and I was like, "Wow, it would be uncool, if people don't know where he is, to blow his thing." To show up at his house is probably not cool. I walked past his house and was like, "Well, Jandek is probably in there. [Laughs.]

Is this meaning the location of Jandek's house is now common knowledge in Houston?! Or is that still only amongst the select few to who number John is lucky to belong? :):) What gives?

3. Telegraph Melts - I will definitely have to listen to it again. At the moment, it still seems to me like it's several people singing, especially on Mother's Day Card. Still, need another listen...it would be interesting if it is still only Jandek and Nancy, all that energy and only two people to really absorb it all!

Thank you for the attention, everyone:)

Cheers,

Boris from Sydney, Australia (seriously, if there are any other people from Sydney on this list, please get in touch?)