[Jandek] Seth's site

Scott Bateman batetoon at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 28 14:57:57 PDT 2009

I'm afraid I have to disagree with my friend Amy Frushour Kelly--an up-to-date web site is good for fans (esp. casual fans, but the hard-core ones like me, too) and very good for Corwood. As an example, I've been wanting to place an order, but I don't have a clear handle on which CDs and DVDs have come out over the past six-to-twelve months. I can't be the only one in that position.

Basically, it's just extremely handy to have an easy-to-find online list of what's available from Corwood and what the upcoming concerts are on one web site without sifting through dozens of mailing list entries. I read the mailing list regularly, and off the top of my head I can't tell you where or when he's playing next, and I don't have the time to dredge that info up from the mailing list archives.

That said, Seth's site has been and remains a remarkable resource (I'm not sure I would have made the leap to being a Jandek fan without it) and Seth's a phenomenally nice guy. I hope his schedule allows him to get the site up-to-date again eventually.

Scott