[Jandek] how to 'do a jandek'?

jesus kenievel knievelperu at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 10:08:06 PDT 2009

Can there be another Jandek?

Of course. In fact, I wish there were more.

I have always seen Jandek not so much as a musician, but as a genre.

In your blog post you talk about things like record companies and Lady Gaga.

These things are so far from what Jandek is all about (as far as I'm concerned) that your post becomes incomprehensible.

What is it that you want?  To make music or to become famous?  These are two very different things.

I think that the aims of something like Lady Gaga and Jandek are much different.  Lady Gaga isn't an artist, she does not produce art, she creates a disposable product.

I believe that in 100 years people will still be listening to Jandek, maybe even less than the number of people who do today, but someone will be.

I doubt that Lady Gaga will be anything in 100 years, except maybe an example of our culture's obsession with instant gratification.

The Rep just made his records and put them out there.  I have no evidence that he had any inclination to become a celebrity.

There's no reason that someone else can't do the same thing.