[Jandek] Not Hunting For Meaning

Lars Spurious lars.spurious at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:18:55 PDT 2009

The new studio CD, Not Hunting For Meaning, is a treat. The first two
tracks are uptempo, exciting, being groove-based and propulsive.
They're powered along by irresistable riffs like early John Lee
Hooker. And there's a new kind of howling-singing on the second song
that I've never heard on a Jandek recording before. The third,
meditative track is more familiar in style and will need repeated
listenings to get the hang of, I think. But this one is definitely
worth getting.