[Jandek] Vampire Weekend cover art=Jandek homage?

Chris Robinson hardeveningsuburb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:02:45 PDT 2008

I don't know if this has been discussed before, so at the risk of causing a
repeat discussion, here goes.

I was down at Jackpot Records in SW Portland the other day buying my friend
a birthday present and I stumbled upon a copy of that Vampire Weekend
album.  While I've heard their music and am not a fan, something about the
cover art made me pick up the record and take a look at it.  The front cover
definitely looks like some sort of Jandek homage, but the back cover is the
clincher.  Total Corwood aesthetic... black type on white background,
similar band name/album title/song names layout.  The whole thing is pretty
uncanny.

Anybody else notice this?  Take a look at the album next time you're out
somewhere.

-Chris