[Jandek] White Box

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 06:42:56 PDT 2008

> Maybe. Or maybe he recorded the motorbike and later sampled it on WBR?

I can say this much: neither that sound, nor any others, have been sampled.
Also, it is my personal belief that the "second acoustic phase" albums were
recorded somewhere in the early to mid-80's, judging by the sound quality
(improved over earlier recordings) and lyrical content (these are the
musings of a more mature performer). I think there's a big jump between "The
Beginning" and the voice albums, btw. In fact, I'd say there were two big
jumps: after "Lost Cause" and after "The Beginning." Having listened to a
good chunk of the discography recently, I still hold to this theory. I don't
think he has any remaining "old stuff" from the studio, but wouldn't it be
interesting if he did?

Danen