[Jandek] Jandek conspiracy theory

matt love mattlove1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:48:49 PDT 2008

Be careful Yural, once you enter this particular postal system, you may end
up in the dead letter office.  My friend, *can your heart stand* the
shocking facts of *Corwood Industries*?.

Here's some more clues for you all. Remember David Byrnes' allagorical movie
True Stories, set in the "fictional" town of Virgil, Texas?  The biggest
employer in town was the mysterious Varicorp Corporation. Spalding Gray's
character, Earl Culver, played an important role in bringing that company to
town.  Why did Spalding Gray have to die?  Did he know too much?

John Ingle as a Preacher, was starting to get to the bottom of things. In
one scene he connects the dots musically, singing "Puzzlin' Evidence"

John Goodman as Louis Fyne works in the clean room at Varicorp.  What
exactly are they trying to "clean up?"

I think it's clear.  Varicorp was modeled after Corwood. Listen at your own
peril!

Other important clues can be found in the movie "Ishtar."

 Puzzlin' Evidence

You got the CBS...!
And the ABC...!
You got Time and Newsweek!
Well, they're the same to me!
Now don't you wanna get right with me?
(Puzzling Evidence)
I hope you get ev'rything you need
(Puzzling Evidence)
Puzzling Evidence
Puzzling Evidence
Puzzling Evidence
Done hardened in your heart
Hardened in your heart.
...Alright!
Now I am the gun
And you are the bullet
I got the power and glory!
(Puzzling)
And the money to buy it!
(Puzzling)
Got your Gulf and Western and your MasterCard
(Puzzling Evidence)
Got what you wanted, lost what you had
(Puzzling Evidence)
I'm seeing
Puzzling Evidence
Puzzling Evidence
Puzzling Evidence
Done hardened in your heart
It's hardened up your heart.
...alright!
Huh...huh...huh...huh...huh...huh...huh...
Well, I'm puzzling (Huh!)
I'm puzzling (Huh!)
I'm puzzling (Huh!)
Puzzling (Huh!)
I'm puzzling (Huh!)
Woo...I'm puzzling (Huh!)
Sometimes I'm puzzling! (Huh!)
See the little children! (Puzzlin')
And the family! (Puzzlin')
Gonna live together! (Puzzlin')
Take them home with me! (Puzzlin')
Well I hope you're happy with what you've made
(Puzzling Evidence)
In the land of the free and the home of the brave
(Puzzling Evidence)
I'm seeing
Puzzling Evidence
Puzzling Evidence
Puzzling (sometimes) evidence
Done hardened in your heart
Hardened in your heart
Huh...huh...huh...huh...huh...huh...huh...
I'm puzzling (Huh!)
Puzzling (Huh!)
Puzzling (Huh!)
P-P-P-Puzzlin'! (Huh!)