[Jandek] What's THIS All About?

BlackMonk BlackMonk at email.msn.com
Sun Nov 30 09:32:36 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Danen Jobe" <danen1970 at gmail.com>
To: <jandek at mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Jandek] What's THIS All About?

> Honestly, I don't think there's a connection, per se. This is a 53 year
> old
> guy out of Houston (according to his MySpace, anyway) who apparently
> contacted Corwood regarding artistic matters and got back the cool letter
> posted on the website. A google search of Stain Free Media reveals an
> interview with "Eve of Destruction" scribe Barry McGuire

Eve of Destruction vocalist, the scribe was P.F. Sloan. I'm a big fan and
have a lot of respect for him personally (How many other sixties legends
send out free copies of the demos they're working on, just so the music gets
heard?), but I wouldn't put that song in the upper part of his catalog. I
understand why he has so much affection for it, though.