[Jandek] London Tuesday and Naked in the Afternoon

Ross Morris rossmorris1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 02:17:58 PDT 2008

Hi guys

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this so far, but "No Mind Was a Good MInd part 3" on this album repeatedly presents bastardised images from "Naked in the Afternoon"...  It's possible that this extends the theme of what Danen was talking about in his last post, about his audience, reactions to his art and his relationship to it.
"The teenage daughter / Smitten to the core / The boots the cowboy wore / Leather torn and spurs broken / The cow in the pasture didn't come home last night / The newspaper headlines are shooting up the town".  Later on he says "I still got a brother in me".

Awesome, awesome, awesome...  Another one of those "what the...?!?" moments that remind you why you're so daft about the man from Corwood....

Ross
The Corwood Review: Brooklyn Wednesday DVD (Set 1) review :  www.thecorwoodreview.blogspot.com