[Jandek] Denver Info! This is Gonna Be Crazy

Danen Jobe danen1970 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 22:06:31 PDT 2008

I can see Married in Berdichev working perfectly - just listening to her
> stuff now, it's great in a loopy kind of way.

Well, as someone who had something to do with her being in this concert, I'd
have to agree. I don't think it's that "crazy" at all.

Figured it was time for an update, so here's two things I can say right now:

1. The three artists mentioned by Al  are indeed in the band. There will be
at least one other. When it's officially established, I'll post on it.

2. This is so not going to be a quiet show. Expect something rather
different, though, from the rock shows of the past. In fact, I'd say this
show (as I understand it right now) both looks backward (as in the catalog)
and forward (as in the sounds that the band members provide that are unique
to the Corwood experience). Regardless, it's, as promised, going to be
unlike any other Jandek show that has happened yet. If you can make this
one, do - you won't regret it! And hey, Corwood's playing something
different...sorta. Again, more as the concept unfolds. Some of this we're
just getting put together! A lot of people are working very hard, I can tell
you that.

Ticket sales took off last week for some reason (not that I'm complaining!),
but there's still plenty left, if anybody's interested (
www.ticketalternative.com). Again, I'm so excited about this show I can
hardly express it. Feels great to be a part of it.

Danen