[Jandek] An observation

Campbell Walker uncontrollabledancing at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 22 06:56:31 PDT 2008

Roy's pretty reclusive musically, doesn't really belong to any of the NZ scenes
much, spends years not doing music at all - after the Pin Group (first ever
Flying Nun release, possibly), there was very little for the rest of the 80s,
until Dadamah then Dissolve in 1989. The big burst of solo stuff was largely
recorded in an apartment in New York, early 90s, on mostly borrowed gear. Hates
playing live, hasnt done much since 2000 - though is doing something now
apparently, that should come out soon.
Not really a noise musician,  nor a NZ indie pop one either.
Nice to see people remember him though...
Campbell