[Jandek] Re: Jandek SXSW

james lindbloom jalindbloom at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 20:47:17 PDT 2008

> Did anybody get to see the show today at SXSW?, i
> would have gone to the
> show, but my flight came in late and i missed the
> performance....how was it?

I thought it was fantastic, and this is coming from
someone who's not 100% sold on Jandek's newer
stylings.  Apocalyptic country-western would be the
best way to describe it, I think.  The man from
Corwood stuck to vocals and harmonica.  Special props
are due to Susan Alcorn for utterly slaying on her
pedal steel guitar.  Really looking forward to the
official release of this show, although it'll probably
be out in, what, 2017?

- JL