[Jandek] Silences on Jandek CD's

Ratan X ratanx at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:53:38 PDT 2008

Rob Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New to the list, so I apologise if this topic is a bit old.
>
> I was wondering if anybody had any information aobut the inclusion of
> large portions of silence between tracks on many of the Corwood CD's.
> The majority of those I own (an exception is 'Nine-Thirty') have exactly
> 5 seconds of silence before each track, and 10 after. This leads to the
> odd pause before the album begins, and also to the unusually long gaps
> between songs.

AFAIK, it's something new that was introduced with new versions (re-issues)
of CDs. The CDs I have that lack the silence are older issues, and I far
prefer them to the ones with lots of silence. I realize that, for whatever
reason, Jandek prefers the silence, but it makes little or no sense to me.

Ratan