[Jandek] Bad song contest

jesus kenievel knievelperu at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 10 02:17:29 PDT 2008

Shouldn't you be posting this at a Bon Jovi mail list?> Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 11:43:47 -0400> To: jandek at mylist.net> From: oliveralden at pop.gmail.com> Subject: [Jandek] Bad song contest> > Although I'm quite fond of Jandek & imagine that you are too, it > occurred to me that fans of unique records are likely to have unique > points of view on what makes a song bad, so I thought I'd tell you about > my project. Please feel free to spread the word.> > Summer means fun, so Weirdo Records is holding a bad song contest.> > To compete simply send in your bad song. It can be submitted on any > recorded format. Reels, 2-track tape, 16rpm lps, wax cylinders, beta > tapes, etc are perfectly welcome alongside more popular formats. If you > prefer you may also submit a score or even some mere rough chord > charts/lyrics/directions.> > It's completely up to you to decide why the song is bad. Perhaps you > know a creepy song that's quite fascinating. Perhaps there's an > especially annoying song you find very intensely mediocre. Perhaps you > know one that unduly pushes the limits of what could be called a song. > Or you may think some entangled aesthetic combination of all of the > above. The song does not necessarily have to be written/recorded by you, > although originality is a factor of the judging process.> > Submissions must be recieved at Weirdo by September 1st, 2008 & will not > be returned. Qualifications, disqualifications, & other decisions are > entirely at the discretion of Weirdo. However please note that your > comments are more than welcome & all submissions will be given due > consideration.> > The winner of the contest will receive a $50 gift certificate to Weirdo, > so be sure to include your contact info along with your submission. > Winner, runners up & honorable mentions will be posted on the website as > they come in for all to see, hear, & guffaw over. The winner will be > announced on the Weirdo email list & posted promptly upon the end of the > submission period.> > What are you waiting for?> > Send your submission to:> > Bad Song Contest> Weirdo Records> 652 Somerville Ave. #3> Somerville, MA 02143> weirdo at weirdorecords.com> > > > Thanks much,> > Angela> http://www.weirdorecords.com> 652 Somerville Ave #3> Somerville, MA 02143> weirdo at weirdorecords.com> _______________________________________________> jandek mailing list> jandek at mylist.net> http://mylist.net/listinfo/jandek