[Jandek] Jandek's Passing

Garry Brogden garry at brogd-n.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 11:40:57 PDT 2008

My thought in the past used to be 'would we ever know?'. I assumed that one day the recordings would just stop, but we would be no nearer the 'truth' than we were in 1978. After all, pre-Glasgow, we had no real up or down, or timeline: at the most extreme he could have recorded the lot in 1978 and was drip feeding them over the years, he could have been dead since 1979, he could have died the week before the last record.

But now we know a lot more about 'the Jandek project' I expect that one of his collaborators or whoever books his gigs would let the world as a whole know.