[Jandek] Answering a Recently Forgotten Thread . . .

D. Craig Wasson deeeecraig at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:11:04 PDT 2008

About a week ago, a very  astute poster asked the Mailing List what other music interests List members.  I forgot to answer it, myself, but I liked the question, so I thought I would answer, then reiteratethe question:

1.  An unlikely answer.  Other than experimental music, I love 1960's and1970's British Invasion-Influenced pop music.  About 14 years ago, it occurred to me that, in order to be a good noise mucisian, you had to be able to write tuneful songs, provide a beautiful and sturdy framework off of which you could wax loud and ugly.  Toward that end, I began to liten to mid-period Beatles, early Bee Gees, Big Star, The Raspberries and the first Eric Carmen solo album, Badfinger, E.L.O., Emitt Rhodes, and the like.   I work hard to be a good pop songwriter, so I have a beautiful sonic canvas to "mess-up."

2.  To what other music do the rest of you listen?