[Jandek] Autograph

rpchurch at nc.rr.com rpchurch at nc.rr.com
Sun Jun 1 17:39:49 PDT 2008

Well, you are on a Jandek list so, if you don't think the folks on it are going to be a bit obsessive about Jandek you probably want to rethink that.

And, I'd have to disagree with your statement. Without the man, there is no music. But, the man can exist, irregardless of whether or not he is making music. And, I think if you have made the effort to seek out his music, you are more than likely at least a little bit into the mythology.

My guess is that, if you are into Jandek, you are probably also a little into the idea of Sasquatch. :-)

Plus, the speculation is just part of the fun. Is the music great? Yeah (at least, I like it). But the oddity of it is like Bizarro GG Allin. He's an artist who (until lately, anyway) doesn't want a whole lot to do with his public, but will still have filtered contact with them. If you're going to obsess, I think that is a pretty fun thing to obsess about.I've always been a secret decoder ring kind of guy!