[Jandek] Douglas Hyde Gallery exhibition book

arkhonia gavin at arkhonia.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 11:32:01 PDT 2008

I got a copy of the Dublin Douglas Hyde Gallery exhibition guide, and
thought that people might be interested in seeing what it looks like
(please excuse the shoddiness of the pics, I'm no photographer)- Paul
Condon mentioned the book in his Dublin Friday posting, and it really
is a lovely little thing, cloth bound with a reproduction of the
Foreign Keys cover, with larger reproductions per page of some of the
covers, as well as a full gallery of all the covers over three pages
at the back of the book; there are also two excellent essays, one by
Lars Iyer (who is a list contributor), an adapted version of his
'Jandek As Hunger Artist' as posted on his blog, plus a succinct and
considered piece by gallery director John Hutchinson. I enquired about
the signed copies that Paul Condon mentioned, and was asked to post
this message to the list on the gallery's behalf:

" The Gallery has a very limited number of signed copies of the book
available for sale at GB£25.00 per copy, plus p&p.  Corwood has
authorised us to sell these signed copies at a slightly higher price
than the unsigned editions, in an effort to recoup some of the costs
of producing the publication.  It is important to us that these very
rare signed copies find homes with serious Jandek enthusiasts, which
is why we are only advertising their availability here on the mailing
list.  There are thirty copies available, and they will be allocated
on a first come, first served basis, one per customer.  Unsigned
copies are also avalable, priced at GB£12.00 per copy, plus p&p.
Please contact Barry White at whitebg at tcd.ie for further details. "

In the light of the recent ebay signed photo situation, this is an
opportunity to obtain a guaranteed legitimate Corwood signature,
although the book itself is the real prize I think; also the limited
numbers available should preclude anybody purchasing it specifically
with an immediate ebay resale in mind (although I may just be being
naive in assuming this!)

Gavin