[Jandek] Salford, UK - show off?

Garry Brogden garry at brogd-n.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 10:54:20 PDT 2008

Don't know if anyone knows?

The rep was advertised to play a festival called Rowf! Rowf! Rowf! in Salford, near Manchester UK on the weekend of 23rd / 24th August (along with Richard Youngs and Alexander Neilson, both of who were scheduled to appear as solo artists and as a duo, so I expected that they would be his backing band).

I now can't attend both days so was looking for a steer on which day our man would appear. However his name has now completely disappeared from the website and also from the MySpace page.

http://www.islingtonmill.com/events.php

It was still there about two weeks ago.

So... has he cancelled? Or was he ever going to appear? It's been 'in the calendar' for a long time - since very early this year - but never seemingly officially confirmed. And it's not on Seth's site either.