[Jandek] 0790

Lars Spurious lars.spurious at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 12:27:39 PST 2008

Interesting news on the forthcoming studio albums, ryn09 - Nate wrote last
week that *Icicles* was recorded in '07 - does that mean there's been a
spate of recordings since then? How did Corwood put it regarding the
forthcoming albums ...?

Still haven't spent enough time with the new album to get to know it. Track
2 seems particularly good. Track 1 - a bit of a mismatch of lyrics and music
as on *When I Took That Train* ... but this is a superficial impression.
Hadn't picked up on there being 2 guitars on the album either. Any views
from anyone (Nate?) why this album is so strong? *Khartoum* takes some
beating for me for a solo Jandek performance with acoustic guitar ...

Hope '08 is a bumper year for live recordings. About 1 a month would be very
gratifying ...