[Jandek] Appalachian Banjo and Gloomy Sunday

Milhouse481 at aol.com Milhouse481 at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 07:28:28 PDT 2008

In a message dated 8/15/2008 8:55:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
railfan93111 at hotmail.com writes:

Meanwhile, has anyone heard about a song called Gloomy Sunday? There is a
gimmicky legend connected with this about how hundreds of people have committed
suicide while clutching the song sheet of this song in their hands. I'm
definitely willing to discount most of the stories but the fact remains...this is one
awesome song. Check it out...here is the link:

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WBZwLkvpFI_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WBZwLkvpFI)

I'm familiar with it mainly from Elvis Costello's version, and it's later
quotation in "Blood Orgy of the Atomic Fern" by the Dead Milkmen.

--Milhouse

Read reviews on AOL Autos.