[Jandek] Appalachian Banjo and Gloomy Sunday

Feigin Boris railfan93111 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 14 19:36:57 PDT 2008

Hmm, I have to listen to it again to be sure...the Appallachian banjo was mentioned in the Allmusic.com review of the record. Not sure if that is actually a banjo but the guitar sound is different on this record, I thought.

Meanwhile, has anyone heard about a song called Gloomy Sunday? There is a gimmicky legend connected with this about how hundreds of people have committed suicide while clutching the song sheet of this song in their hands. I'm definitely willing to discount most of the stories but the fact remains...this is one awesome song. Check it out...here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WBZwLkvpFI

Cheers,
Boris--Forwarded Message Attachment--From: jbswafford21 at tntech.eduSubject: [Jandek] RE: (Jandek) I Woke Up and Jandek GirlsDate: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:41:31 -0500To: jandek at mylist.netWhat songs have a Appallachian banjo playing on I Woke Up? That sounds cool...