[Jandek] jandek philadelphia show

Joe DeCarolis foma1984 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:43:09 PDT 2008

That show was my 3rd time seeing Jandek, and it by far the worst.  The past 2 times have been deeply affecting, and got very real emotional reactions out of me.  this philadelphia show was as boring as that blog says.  the harp and woodwinds were a nice idea, but too often they did the same things over and over, making it all blend together.  and not in a good, thematic way.  the bits about dancing and the play were interesting, but the lyrics didnt seem to have any coherent theme like other times when i'd seen him.