[Jandek] "Jandek: Psychology and Art" April 11 at Temple U.

Craig Stewart craig at sxsw.com
Fri Apr 4 00:10:49 PDT 2008

Academia? wow, my head's spinning in a good way. How can anyone give a
grounded lecture or debate about any kind of truly original music?
Human genetics are so complex that any documented thoughts or
criticisms on something that sounds like nothing else -- Sonny
Sharrock, Tom T. Hall, Wolfmangler, Jack Nitzsche, Patty Waters,
Scratch Acid -- comes off as a description of an acid trip or a dream
that can never be repeated. If anything to do with Jandek (especially
Khartoum, my heavens!) comes up on a final examination, there's
something wrong with the world. Please do not let the terrorists win.

Confession: I'm like totally tripping right now. Cheers then.