[Jandek] Sex with Girls

Jonathan Dean jonathan at brainwashed.com
Sun Nov 4 00:06:49 PDT 2007

I understand your appreciation for the BearForceOne-style Jandek on The
Door Behind (kind of a perverse album title, if you think about it...),
but I have always been quite partial to the pale, shirtless, emaciated
(and blurry black & white) Jandek on the cover of Modern Dances, Blue
Corpse and Telegraph Melts.  Something very ephemeral, furtive and sexy
about those photos.  Someone in the Jandek on Corwood documentary makes
a comment about the photos of an "average looking guy" adorning the
sleeves, but I have always thought Jandek was strikingly handsome, in a
blue collar Texas machinist kind of way.  Very rugged, but also
vulnerable.