[Jandek] Re: Jandek fan fave raves

Aunt Acid anxietyparty at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 13:13:22 PDT 2007

Stacey,

I personally love everything that comes out of Southern Lord...I got "Hibernaculum" earlier this week and I've been pretty into it, when the mood is right. "Altar" is pretty awesome too, and while I love both Boris and Sunn o))), I must say I like Boris' solo output better. However, their second collaboration with Merzbow ("Sun Baked Snow Cave") is absolutely amazing. Highly recommended if you haven't heard it.

As far as what I'm listening to this week, outside of Jandek stuff that I usually listen to...I've been playing alot of old John Fahey...specifically "The Dance Of Death & Other Plantation Favorites" and "Death Chants, Breakdowns & Military Waltzes". Also been listening to Miles Davis' "In A Silent Way" alot, and "Live!" by Fela Kuti & Ginger Baker, as well as some brand new stuff by my friends who record as Falx, "Salt Dress" and "Heart Will Fatten".

On a Corwood note, my recent fixation has been on "Living In A Moon So Blue" and "Staring At The Cellophane". The connections between those two records are insane, and they're both very...planned out, if that makes sense. Like the formula of the playing, the mood of both of them, and littler things like the first track on each is named after someone's first name and the second tracks are instrumental. Just great records, both of them.

Brian