[Jandek] Richmond Props

Aunt Acid anxietyparty at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 22:59:45 PDT 2007

I forgot to talk about the props in my initial review, but I am surprised no one else has made mention of the fact that the couch with the ashtray on the armrest, next to the endtable with a vase on it looks pretty much exactly like the "Ready For The House" cover image, if you exclude the vase. The mannequin also seemed to be a direct reference to "The Place" and "The Gone Wait". Also, down by the left of the stage, on ground level, was a desk that looked EXACTLY like the one from "Your Turn To Fall", complete with a guitar case next to it on the right. On top of this desk was an acoustic guitar which seemed to echo "Staring At The Cellophane" and "Living In A Moon So Blue". I didn't really investigate the rest of the building so there may have even been more "props" placed around it that I didn't see, but I swear it was all deliberately referencing the covers. Hell, the drummer's kit was even a Slingerland...so take that as you will! Makes you wonder how much of it was
 Corwood and how much of it was the Firehouse.

Brian

P.S. - I took some photos of the show myself, on my cellphone. I wasn't planning on it but after someone behind me shot off a flash photo, I figured why not, since my camera was flashless and soundless. The quality is so-so but I've attached them should any of you want to see them.