[Jandek] Jandek's couch

stacey graham staceygraham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 11:49:24 PDT 2007

Sherv said: "I swear that only Jandek himself would have a couch like ...
that. "

That leads one towards thoughts of what Jandek's house is like.  Judging
from the album covers it's funny to think it is totally barren save for odd
70s furniture and either avocado green or that funny burnt orange kitchen
appliances.  Maybe that drumset from one of the covers in the corner.
Shades drawn tight all day.  AM radio emanating from a crackly old
transistor radio on a peeling formica kitchen counter.  Some huge old
television that has to be banged on to make the picture look right.
Everything is spotless.  No decorations or pictures on the walls.

I just KNOW he records in a basement.  A dank dark smelly basement.  It
sounds like he is in a basement with maybe a bare bulb on a wire hanging
down.

Stacey Graham
Minneapolis  MN  USA
http://thedaydreamnation.blogspot.com