[Jandek] COVERING JANDEK SONGS.

Alimarea Vasquez beachdame125 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:17:17 PST 2007

Well it's not like it would be impossible to figure out a Jandek song.
There are people that transcribe Steve Vai and Allan Holdsworth songs, and
people that score out full Wagnerian operas.  The songs are definitely
adventurous but I don't feel that they are out of the league of
transcibeability.(HEHHHEHE nice word)

If you cover a Lynyrd Skynyrd tune and you do it slightly differenly then it
is still a cover song.  Jandek is no exception to the rule.  I have seen
people cover Acid Mothers Temple and Glenn Branca, and I have friends who
have covered Jandek almost spot on but even if they did it a little
differently I would still call it a cover, and by the way an EXACT cover is
still and INTERPRETATION of the ORIGINAL by definition because it is not the
original.