[Jandek] Cover songs!!

Stuart Estell stuart at oceanrain.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 05:39:09 PST 2007

Yes, an interesting one.

I wrote to Corwood asking for permission to record covers of Jandek
material late last year. I never mentioned it on-list (I don't think I've
even posted to the list before - just lurked), so can only assume that
someone has had a similar response to the one I had.

The note I got back said, and I paraphrase, that approval would not be
given for the release of any covers of Corwood material. Without wishing to
stoke the "private correspondence" debate any further, I'm not going to
quote him directly.

Now, regardless of the existence of tribute LPs, I intend to respect
Corwood's wishes. I respect the man as an artist, so it follows that having
explicitly asked him the question, I'd want to abide by his stated wishes.

Cheers
Stuart

--
stuartestell.co.uk