[Jandek] What's up with the Police Corwood 0786 Austin Sunday

Erik May erikmay9 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 18:23:02 PST 2007

Whats this song mean, Jandek wrote some Song about The Police.
When I first saw it I thought it was gonna be his tribute to sting and them
but if it is I don't hear it.

Well, Law done some hard things to good folks
ain't no one made a movie of the things it done to me but I liked this one.

http://www.woodshopfilms.com/HardCoal_trailerweb6.mov

but... it just lazy to go around thinkin its all bad
maybe enough of it is and there so many good stories to get me right furious

but sometimes I think I'd a been in even more trouble without the law, in
these parts, than with it.
The devil you know and another devil you do know.

I spent some effort figurin out how to be smart and still do whatever I want

without provokin those people as little as possible, and it paid off so far.
I don't like em so's I figured em out
Well I didn't used to but I sure can get accomodated to living in peace with
people ...
sometimes.

Sounds like that jandek guy wants to provoke the police or something
well I get that 'cause I used to feel that way too and yet sometimes...

I can't afford to be lazy.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
wrong."
That's Henry Mencken talking.

"I asked the police, take me away
Didn't do no good here, I don't want to stay "
Thats you don't know who talking, with a little fair use.