[Jandek] Correspondence threads

Vincent, Jonathan C jcvinc2 at email.uky.edu
Thu Feb 22 07:50:39 PST 2007

i was being more sarcastic about the kafka thing... his request(upon his death) was for all of his stuff to be destroyed....
obviously it was not as then we would have never heard of kafka.

i just think that the overall attitude of treating jandek with such kid gloves is sort of getting out of hand...

people from this list have shared things like what instruments were used on the records/cds and this has supposedly came directly from questions asked by letter... now what is the harm in knowing that  he played bass only on some record and it is it really necessary that everyone write him individually to ask the same question in order to gain such inconsequential knowledge...
 i mean people aren't asking about his kids or wife or lovers or anything...

some of this attitude come with the "jandek is my secret and i am keeping him to myself" indie rock atittude that should have died out after he started doing live shows.

now if some one is his close friend and sharing personal stuff i can get how that is infringing but if he chooses to write a few lines to some nobody like me who is just ordering a few cd's then i take it that thi IS NOT THE HOLY GRAIL or some secret society nonesense.