[Jandek] an interesting specimen of Corwood catalog correspondence

Matthew Gordon mlgordon75 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 4 10:00:56 PST 2007

I was going to keep this to myself, but I'd really like to hear some other input on it. I've been asking little questions with my Corwood orders of late, and it had occurred to me that I bet he is a Bergman fan.  He did do a song entitled "Wild Strawberries."   So I ask:  "Question:  favorite Bergman film(s)?  His reply was the most detailed, cryptic and satisfying one I had yet received:

  "The crushing glass caused the walkout on Bergman"

  So... glass... "Through a Glass Darkly"?  Maybe.  What "walkout"?

  I have not followed up pleading for an explanation.  I was happy enough to receive such a Corwoodian response that I left it at that.

  Thoughts?

  Matt Gordon
  Columbus, IN