[Jandek] Re: Where to start

Lauren Ciechanowski lauren.ciechanowski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:16:48 PDT 2007

I've got to agree with Danen on this. I think the temptation for a lot of
people is to recommend the same albums they've been recommending for years,
but Jandek's catalog and the subsequent bigger picture has really widened in
scope, and I think that a lot of the newer albums can be erally great
starters.

I feel like some people might shy away from recommending the newer stuff
simply because they're so used to recommending older, 'classic' Jandek, but
some of his best work has been in the past 8 years or so, I think.

My top three recommendations always seem to be Ready, Lost Cause, and
Glasgow Monday, though Manhatten Tuesday might be edging that one out.

Lauren