[Jandek] Where to start

Matt Keeley revme at comcast.net
Sat Aug 11 00:23:14 PDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Paul Whittington <burdockman at hotmail.com > wrote:
> I've been looking up Jandek and decided to join this mail list out
> of sheer
> curiosity.
> I'm interested to know anyones views on where to start with his
> music, which
> albums to buy first etc.
> Any thoughts will be gratefully received.

I'd oftehn thought of On The Way as a really good starter.  It's
probably some of the most "accessible"/rockin' music Jandek's done,
but it's still, well, unmistakably Jandek.  People've asked me for
starters before, and that's usually the direction I point 'em in...

Rev. Syung Myung Me
http://www.kittysneezes.com | http://revme.livejournal.com
"If you hate supermarket music, then start making supermarket music"
-- The Residents
Yeah.