[Jandek] Where to start

dagmarten dagmarten at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 11:26:44 PDT 2007

I think the best place to start would be his first two albums, Ready for the
House and Six and Six. It gives you an idea of the lone Jandek, the period
where he's playing by himself in a room, often only plucking two strings
throughout the song and spilling his guts on the reel to reel recorder.
After that you could move onto albums like Blue Corpse, where he introduces
other vocalists and has some other instruments (though none of them in a
tuning of this world) play along.