[Jandek] The Cell

Spencer Graham soccerdude219 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 20:08:35 PDT 2007

Okay, this isn't exactly news, but I just got ahold of Glagow Monday (the Cell) and I gotta say, if you haven't got it yet you have to. It's easily in the Jandek top ten, absolutely different from everything he's ever done, and yet in keeping with it too. The negative space is vast, man. It's a great meditation, and it's also a great "entry" album for the wimpy newb, since it's kind pretty and not atonal at all. And Neilson's weird cymbal noises send shivers up my spine! That is all.

-Spence