[Jandek] Spencer Graham, A Chankin, Pitchforkmedia & being bored by Jandek

Amy Frushour Kelly akelly1971 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 05:23:36 PDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Gavin <gavin at arkhonia.co.uk> wrote:
"maybe it's supposed to
represent a state of mind, maybe 'be' that state of mind for the time
the performance takes place, for the performer and the audience, and
that 'Jandek' is this place for that time"

That's how I approach it. Jandek is an experience. Not that there's any
right or wrong way to listen to Jandek; whatever works for the listener is
what's right for that individual. I find the experience most satisfying when
I relax and let the music wash over me, letting it be what it is without
trying to interpret or "get" it. It's like having a car and relinquishing
the controls to Corwood for an hour, sitting back in the passenger seat and
looking at the scenery while he takes me to whatever destination he chooses.
It's not always a destination I would choose, but it's always an interesting
trip.

Amy